- MIT Sloan School of Management2017 (expected)
Ph.D. in Management
- MIT Sloan School of Management2015
M.S. in Management Research
- Istanbul University2008
M.A. in Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- Istanbul University 2005
B.A. Double Major in Philosophy and Psychology
Publications in Peer-Reviewed Journals
- Basbug, G. & Sharone, O. (forthcoming). The Emotional Toll of Long-Term Unemployment: Examining the Interaction Effects of Gender and Marital Status. The Russell Sage Journal of Social Sciences.
Wanberg, C. R., Basbug, G., Van Hooft, E. A. J., & Samtani, A. (2012). Navigating the black hole: Explicating layers of job search context and adaptational responses. Personnel Psychology, 65, 887-926.
Ozalp Turetgen, I., Sertel Berk, H. O., Basbug, G. & Unsal, P. (2012). The development of the Job Stressor Appraisal Scale as part of the Job Stress Battery. European Journal of Psychological Assessment, 28, 147-153.
Cinan, S., Atalay, D., Sisman, S., Basbug, G., Dervent-Ozbek, S., Teoman, D., Karagoz, A., Karadeniz, A. Y., Beykurt S., Suleyman H., Memis H. O., & Yurtsever, O. D. (2007). Memory for object locations: Priority effect and sex differences in associative spatial learning. Learning and Motivation, 38, 326-341.
Book Chapters & Conference Proceedings
Sharone, O., Ghayad, R., Basbug, G., Vasquez, A., & Rosin, M. (2015). Supporting Experienced LTU Professionals. In C. Van Horn, T. Edwards, & T. Greene (Ed.), Transforming US Workforce Development Policies for the 21st Century (579-590). Kalamazoo: W. E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
Fernandez, R. & Basbug, G. (2013). Gendered Musical Chairs: Job Succession and Sex Segregation. Annual Proceedings of Labor and Employment Relations Association, 19-26.
- Basbug, G., (2016). Do social networks lead to better job opportunities: A within-job seeker analysis. The Society for Advancement Socio-Economics Meeting, Berkeley.
- Basbug, G., Cavicchi, A., Silbey, S. (2016) What do environmental health and safety management systems do? Longitudinal evidence from academic research laboratories. Eastern Sociological Society, Boston.
- Basbug, G., & Sharone, O. (2015). Job Search Interventions for Long-Term Unemployed: Comparing Group and One-on-one Coaching with a Randomized Filed Experiment. Paper presented at Academy of Management Conference, Vancouver, CA.
- Basbug, G., & Sharone, O. (2015). The Emotional Toll of Long-Term Unemployment: Examining the Interaction Effects of Gender and Marital Status. Paper presented at Russell Sage Foundation Conference on the U.S. Labor Market During and After the Great Recession, New York, NY.
- Basbug, G., & Elgin, C. (2015). Expectations and Employment Status. Paper presented at Labor and Employment Relations Association 67th Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, PA.
- Fernandez, R. & Basbug, G. (2013). Gendered Musical Chairs: Job Succession and Sex Segregation. Labor and Employment Relations Association 65th Annual Meeting, St.Louis, MO, USA.
- Basbug, G., & Unsal, P. (2010). Predictors and outcomes of job search in a collectivistic culture: A study from Turkey. Academy of Management Conference, Montreal, Canada.
- MIT Teaching Certificate Program (completed, June 2014)
- Recitation Instructor: 15.301 Managerial Psychology (MIT Sloan, Undergraduate level course); Prof. Paul Osterman (2014 Spring & 2016 Spring), Prof. Andy Yap (2014 Fall), Prof. John Carroll (2015 Fall)
- Teaching Assistant: 15.268 Choice Points: Readings on the Exercise of Power & Responsibility (MIT Sloan Fellows course); Prof. Robert McKersie (2015 Spring & 2016 Spring)
- Teaching Assistant: 15.662X The American Dream for the Next Generation (MIT EdX online course); Prof. Thomas Kochan (2015 Spring & 2016 Spring)
Awarded Fellowships and Scholarships
- Awarded Ph.D fellowship, MIT Sloan School of Management 2011 - 2013
- Awarded scholarship, The Council of Higher Education in Turkey 2009 - 2011
- Awarded scholarship, The Scientific and Technological Research 2005 - 2007
Council of Turkey
Massachusetts Institute of Technology